The Best African Safari Footwear & Safari Attire For Your African Safari!
Want to the best African safari footwear & safari attire for your African adventure? You’ve come to the right place!
Find peace of mind & answers to your questions about the best safari footwear & safari attire for your African safari vacation. Be prepared for your African safari vacation.
Here’s some essential African safari footwear and attire tips we’ve learned from going on over 80 African safari vacations.
So our African safari footwear and attire suggestions will help you no matter where your African safari is.
African Safari Footwear Guide
If you are going on an African hiking safari, we have found that the best African safari footwear are a pair of hiking boots that come over the ankle. They will protect your foot from tough thorns and insects that bite.
You want the soles to be non slip and thick – devil thorns for example can puncture tires so you need to be prepared.
Sturdy walking shoes are fine if you are going to be hiking or walking only as part of an African safari that is primarily oriented around game drives.
In both cases also have a spare pair of shoes or sneakers to wear if the other safari boots get wet. It is advisable to bring sandals as well, they are great for just walking around the safari lodge and while in your room.
Packing For Your African Safari – Clothing, Footwear and Other Things To Bring
Safari Attire Guidelines:
Wear beige, khaki, brown and olive for safaris and game walks. Bring a sweater and layers of clothes. It may be chilly on the evening game drives and hot during the day. During the day a tee shirt and shorts are fine.
At night you need to have long sleeved shirts and long pants for protection from mosquitoes and for warmth.
Click here for our more comprehensive African safari clothing packing list
Other Indispensable Items To Bring For Your African Safari & Vacation
- Valid passport & visa – A valid passport is required, and perhaps a valid visa. Make sure you check that expiration date of your passport. Ensure that it expires at least 6 months after your return. Carry a photocopy of the photo page and the entry stamp page of your passport as an additional piece of identification. STORE THESE PHOTOCOPIES IN A DIFFERENT PLACE THAN YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS.
- Click here to check your nationality’s passport & visa requirements by country you plan to visit or travel through
- If you lose your passport, this is one thing that you will be very happy you did.
- One other picture ID (e.g. driver’s license) Photocopy of passport page to carry in wallet
- Expense money
- You should travel light. Have a day pack to carry any essentials you want to have while on safari.
- Air tickets – click here if you need to find cheap tickets to Africa
- Recommended travel immunizations — click here to find latest immunizations for overseas travel to Africa
- Travel insurance – we strongly recommend travel insurance. Click here to find low cost travel insurance.
Ready? Contact us now for free ideas for a customized African safari vacation suited to your interests & budget.